If you've visited this blog before, you'll know I sometimes struggle to eat eggs. I'm not a giant fan of their taste, but as such a great source of protein I'm always trying to find new ways to tart them up.
Easier to put together than my yummy breakfast muffins, I reckon these scrambled eggs have cracked it. (Sorry!)
In the picture above, I've served my eggs on a toasted slice of ProFusion Protein Bread. It's made with flax seeds, wheat and milk protein and rye flour and works out to about 5g of carbs per slice. You can get it in The English Market.
The Best Scrambled Eggs Ever (Serves 1)
2 Medium Eggs
Generous Knob Of Butter
Tablespoon Cream Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Turn your stove/ hob on at a medium heat.
2. Crack two eggs into a small saucepan and add the butter.
3. Place over the heat and stir with a spatula. Don't use a whisk.
4. Continue stirring until the eggs begin to thicken and bind together as one. It usually takes about 90 seconds-2 minutes to get the right consistency.
5. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the cream cheese. Stir until completely mixed.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve!
These creamy eggs are tasty enough to eat alone, but to avoid samey-ness I like to mix it up from time to time. Here are a couple of my favourite variations:
- Add a pinch of chili flakes when stirring in the cream cheese, skip the salt and pepper.
- Fry off some bacon, finely chop 1 spring onion and mix into the eggs.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.
- Fry a bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine, then mix into eggs before serving.